Last updated: Sept. 2021
1 - How it works
- upcover customer ("referrer") shares a unique link with a friend ("friend"), via email, text, social media or copy and paste ("referral link")
- The friend opens the referral link and completes the quote flow, providing their business occupation, revenue and other details about their business, as well policy start and end dates.
- The friend enters profile information: first name, last name, email, mobile number and confirms their business entity. The friend also enters payment details: card number, expiration date, and CVV.
- The friend's account gets activated when they purchase a policy using the referral link.
- The referrer is issued a $50 reward in the form of a gift card, once the friend has had the policy active for at least 30 days and has not cancelled their policy. The referrer gets the reward 3 days after the friend's policy is held for more than 30 days. The referrer can earn up to $500 in rewards for successfully referring up to 10 new upcover customers per calendar year.
- The friend receives $50 off their policy when they purchase a policy with the referral link.
2 - Requirements
- Limit: Each referrer is limited to 10 paid referrals ($500) per calendar year. Referrers can continue referring customers beyond the limit for no reward. The friend is entitled to only one $50 promo discount when they purchase a policy with the referral link.
- State Availability: The referral program is available in all states and territories across Australia.
3 - Fraud Protection and Account Activation
- Stripe Payment Validation: We use Stripe to prevent multiple accounts with the same card.
- Successful Purchases: We automatically activate accounts if a friend purchases in order to provide referrers their reward.
- Pending Withdraw: Rewards can be redeemed 33 days after the friend has purchase a policy. We will also use this period to check for fraudulent activity as well to ensure the friend doesn't cancel their policy during the first 30 days of holding the policy.
- Account Status: This refer a friend offer is valid for new customers only. This means, if the friend has purchased a policy through upcover at any time in the past, or holds an active policy with upcover, then both friend and referee are ineligible for this offer.
4 - Conditions & Termination
upcover retains the right to terminate the program at any time. In its sole discretion, if upcover determines fraudulent activity on an account, upcover may prevent the user from redeeming rewards.
If this offer is used in a manner that is not satisfactory to us or in line with the intent of the offer (such as sharing your referral code on the 'OzBargain' website or other similar websites, or advertising or marketing a referral link), we may refuse to pay the cash reward (including in respect of any or all referrals made in relation to the offer). This includes conduct on the referrer's part which is designed to undermine the fair and intended operation of the refer a friend offer.
Please get in touch with us here if you have any questions.