Can A Plumber Start Their Own Business?
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.
Across Australia, there are thousands of plumbers who own and operate their own businesses. Starting a plumbing business can be a very rewarding experience. It’s up to each person to decide if they prefer working for an employer or setting out on their own business. There are pros and cons to each approach.
Can A Plumber Start Their Own Business?
Many plumbers choose to work independently rather than directly with an employer. There are many perks to going this route including flexible working hours, higher potential earnings, and more control over what types of jobs you want to do.
Starting a plumbing business also comes with more responsibilities. You’ll need to find clients, manage your schedule, and handle any challenges that arise. It’s important to decide if the additional responsibilities and stress are worth it to you.
How To Start A Plumbing Business In Australia
Starting a plumbing business is fairly straightforward. The business model is relatively simple compared to other types of businesses. While each business may have its own unique situation, there are the basic steps to get you started on the path to business ownership.
- Get Certified - If you are already a plumber, you can skip this step. For people who are new to the trade, you will need to complete some certifications and training to be qualified to work as a plumber. All plumbers are required to complete the Certificate III in Plumbing course and an apprenticeship. This process can take about 4 years. There is also safety training required to enter construction sites. The requirements may differ depending on your location, so be sure to check with your local jurisdiction.
- Licensing - Depending on the type of work you are doing; you may need to get a builder’s license. The rules are different in each state and territory. For example, work that exceeds $5,000 in value (labour and materials) in NSW requires a builder’s license. Many plumbers chose to get a builder’s license, so they don’t have to work under the direction of someone who has a license.
- Register Your Business - Setting up your business entity is relatively easy. Reach out to your local council to find out the process. At a minimum, you will need to secure an ABN (Australian Business Number). This is free and will be used for tax purposes.
- Purchase Tools and Equipment - Experiences plumbers may already have the tools and equipment they need. If you are starting from scratch, you can expect to spend about $10,000 to get started. You’ll need a vehicle and basic plumbing tools. Don’t go overboard with buying tools, you can add them to your toolbox over time.
- Find Clients - Most plumbers are proficient at their trade. However, running a business and selling your services may be challenging. If you can’t find clients, your work will likely dry up. This will be difficult at first but will get easier as you build a reputation and connect with clients that send you recurring work.
Protecting Your Plumbing Business
Setting up a new plumbing business requires a lot of hard work. You want to make sure your investment is well-protected with liability insurance. A simple mistake or accident could have significant financial impacts. At upcover, our goal is to make sure our clients find the perfect insurance policies to keep them protected. Check out our instant quote generator where you can get an estimate on market-leading insurance in seconds! Simply enter your occupation and expected revenue to get started.