How Much Does A Gardening Business Owner Make In Australia?
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.
Australia is home to over 13,000 gardening service businesses. This is an extremely popular business for people who enjoy working with their hands and spending most of their day outdoors. This type of business is easy to start and requires no formal training or education. If this sounds like the perfect business opportunity for you, you may wonder how much a gardening business owner can make?
How Much Does A Gardening Business Owner Make?
It’s very easy to calculate your salary when working as a gardener for a gardening or landscaping company since your pay is based on an hourly rate. For gardening business owners, this becomes a little more difficult because there are many factors that can impact how much profit the owner can take home.
In Australia, the average gardener makes approximately $54,000 per year (or $27.69 per hour). Workers with more experience can earn up to $65,000 a year. The perk of being a business owner is that you also get to keep the profits beyond this amount. Most gardening businesses charge their clients around $45 per hour. Gardening businesses that offer premium services in major urban areas may be able to charge up to $75 per hour.
Based on these rates, a gardening business operated by just the owner could bring in between $90,000 and $125,000 in revenue each year. The taxes and expenses will vary depending on the business, however, it’s reasonable to expect a salary of $70,000 to $95,000 per year.
Factors That Impact Earnings
Each gardening business is different. Operating expenses may be higher in certain areas of the country. There is also a wide range of gardening business types that can also affect earnings.
- Services - Gardening services typically involve the plants within a space. However, expanding into more landscaping services such as tree trimming, irrigation, and design could increase earnings.
- Years of Experience - Clients are usually willing to pay more to hire a gardener who has a lot of experience. This is especially true if you are dealing with sensitive plant types that require special care.
- Location - The location where you are performing services can greatly affect your earning potential. The more demand in your area, the more potential business. While you may be able to charge higher prices in urban areas, you will also have higher operating costs and more competition.
- Specialisation - Specialising in a certain niche can help you become a recognized expert in your field. For example, focusing your services on only indoor plants or treating diseased plants may allow you to charge a premium for your work.
- Sales - Gardeners who work for landscaping companies don’t have to worry about finding new clients. A gardening business owner needs to know how to find clients or they will run out of work. How successful you are at selling your services will affect your revenue.
Protect The Profits Of Your Gardening Business
Gardening comes with very few risks, however, a single lawsuit or claim against your business could eliminate a year or more of profits. For this reason, gardening business owners should always carry a comprehensive liability insurance policy to protect themselves against financial penalties. Let the experts at upcover help you find the right policy for your business. Check out our instant quote generator where you can get an estimate on market-leading insurance in seconds! Simply enter your occupation and expected revenue to get started.