5 Great Small Business Ideas To Start In 2022
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.
Whether you’re dreaming of running your own empire or simply would like to earn extra money with a side hustle, there has never been a better time to start your own business.
Sure, launching a company can feel overwhelming and even quite frankly daunting. Yet, it doesn't have to be. Many successful businesses started in a garage as a hobby or side-hustle!
So, if you’re ready to make the jump and experiment, here are five easy-to-start business ideas.
Launch Your Social Media Marketing Business
Do you love spending time scrolling your Instagram feed and watching TikTok videos? Perhaps you even post and regularly engage with people on various social media apps?
Then, why not monetise your hobby? You could create compelling content and post it on social media channels for other people.
To start your social media marketing business, you can either create a digital agency or offer your service on freelancing platforms such as Fiverr or Upwork.
Offer Virtual Assistant Services
The shift to online and remote working has led to an increasing need for virtual assistants. And the trend isn’t going anywhere!
As a virtual assistant, you’ll be handling a variety of tasks, some examples include:
- Responding to email queries and scheduling meetings
- Booking travel and accommodation
- Creating presentations
- Analysing and creating spreadsheets
- Performing customer service duties
- Publishing content on social media
- Sending out newsletters
- Community management
Plus more! The big plus of this business is how easy and flexible it is. All you need is a laptop, a phone and a good internet connection!
Sell Online Courses
Do you have a specific skill that you could teach? If that's the case, you could create a course to teach people your special skill and promote it online.
After all, now is a great time to start selling online courses. That’s because the online education space has become so big that the industry is predicted to reach a staggering $457.8 billion by 2026!
Here are some steps you can follow to build and sell your online course:
- Decide what you want to teach
- Choose your course topics
- Conduct market research to validate there's a demand for your course (don't hesitate to ask your target audience what they'd like to learn!)
- Research your competition (maybe buy their course too!)
- Create a powerful brand
- Build your audience
- Create your online course
- Promote your course and start gathering feedback
- Improve your course based on user feedback
- Continue to grow!
Some popular websites to host your online course on include Kajabi and Thinkific.
Open A Shop On Etsy
If you’re creative and love arts and crafts, you could make good money selling your creations online. And one of the best places to do so is on Etsy!
A recent study revealed that depending on the time and effort you invest in your shop, you could be making up to $50,000 in the first year!
Some of the most popular categories include:
- Handmade jewellery
- Party decorations
- Wedding products
- Personalised cards
- Personalised gifts
- Handmade soaps
- Handmade candles
Start A Cleaning Business
Cleaning businesses can turn out to be very profitable. Why? Because the setup costs are low, and the demand and profit margins are (generally) high.
Here are the key steps to follow to open a cleaning business:
- Select the core services you want to offer (and remember that specialists can charge more money for their services than generalists)
- Create your brand
- Choose a business structure, and register your business
- Invest in the right equipment (just get enough to start with!)
- Price your services competitively
- Promote your business via things like social media, search engine advertising and even word of mouth through family and friends
- Ensure customer satisfaction by getting thorough feedback from your clients
No matter what business you decide to start, the first step is to actually start it! Once you've done that, check out our instant quote generator to see if upcover can offer you market leading business insurance.