Is A Handyman A Good Job?
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.
There are a lot of aspects to consider when selecting a career path including pay, challenging work, work environment, and future market outlook. If you’re interested in becoming a handyman, it’s important to understand the pros and cons that come with the job to decide if it’s right for you.
Is A Handyman A Good Job?
Being a handyman can be a great job, especially for people that like working with their hands. It can provide a steady stream of income, the opportunity to build your own business, and set your own hours. Here are some of the most common reasons why people choose this line of work.
- Minimal Training - Many of the tasks that handymen perform don’t require any special type of training or certification. This makes getting into the field fairly easy. There are some additional certifications and licenses that you can get in order to expand your expertise and earning potential.
- Demanding Customers - Handymen typically have a list of dozens of clients that they work with regularly. Some can be demanding (after all, you are making repairs to their homes and businesses). While this might be frustrating, handymen have the flexibility to choose which clients they want to work for. If a certain client is too demanding or has unreasonable expectations, you can simply decline to take on any more projects for them.
- Pay - The average salary for a handyman in Australia is about $55,700 per year. This amount can vary depending on your location, years of experience, and reputation in the community. You can also increase your earning potential by focusing on and specialising in certain trades. Skilled handymen can easily earn over $70,000 a year.
- Business Ownership - While some handymen choose to work directly for companies, the vast majority own their own businesses. This gives handymen the freedom to select their clients, set their own pricing, and avoid tasks they dislike.
- Flexible Schedules - In general, handymen have the flexibility to create a schedule that works for them. However, keep in mind that some emergencies will arise that require you to respond quickly. Many handymen charge extra fees for after-hours calls which helps minimise the number of emergencies and make them worthwhile.
- Demand - The future demand for handyman services remains positive. The industry currently generates over a billion dollars per year and is expected to continue growing. The country is facing a labour shortage for skilled workers which will also increase demand for handymen services.
- Physical Requirements - Handyman work can be physically demanding at times. However, the majority of the work will involve simple repairs that are quite manageable for someone in reasonable shape.
- Challenging and Interesting Work - You won’t have to worry about getting bored as a handyman. Each day, you’ll work to solve new problems. Since each client request or repair is unique, it will be up to you to figure out the best solution.
Helping Handymen Find Business Insurance
Operating a handyman business can be extremely rewarding and challenging, but it does come with risks. That's why a lot of handymen hold public liability insurance and product liability insurance. You want to make sure that your business is protected from the liability that comes with this type of work. To get a quote on business insurance for handymen visit our instant quote generator today. Simply enter your occupation as a handyman and your expected revenue to get an estimate on market-leading insurance for handyman business owners in seconds!